We are including a set of new ranks right now, that you can discover in the table below:
Non officer ranks
New rank progression table
We have added several Sergeant levels, and more importantly, we have made the Master Sergeant rank the one for the super elite players. Maybe we should call this the "sergeant avalanche update".
Also, we're adding officer ranks. Along with new Regiment levels (depending on monthly points or player activity), as you can see below:
Regiment levelling and officer ranks
These ranks are handed out by Regiment CO's and XO's, and for now it will grant officers, the ability to recruit in the regiment. Later down the line we will implement company structures and other cool systems to make regiments more central to the game. Suggestions are always welcome, here in this forum or on our Discord server.
Midgeman made a nice video playing with his friend QuarterGeekster. He also made an interview with us a couple of months back, in any way, he's got a bunch of pretty cool videos about other games.
There's been quite a few screenshots uploaded on the Steam hub (including bugs). Can't wait to see more!
Recent Game Updates
This week we have implemented the MP roles and there has been a big update with a long list of bug fixes.
Here is the list of changes
- Line-of-sight and grenading from behind trees should now work as expected
- Serious attempt to fix 'invisible soldier' synchronization issue
- Fixed path finding problem on Farm Fight
- Implemented tools for our soon-to-be-appointed MPs (Moderators)
- Fixed a loading problem with Urban Combat, Art Gallery and Village Centre maps on OSX and Linux
- Fixed problem where game got stuck on 'Synchronizing Players' while loading
- Sniper mode now only visible when the sniper is selected
- Sniper now switches back to normal mode automatically if his target is killed
- Lobby now shows again when people join or leave a channel (with option to disable under 'chat options')
- Fixed a bug where soldier panels were not properly removed after each game (causing all sorts of issues)
- Chat now keeps focus during pre-game and briefing phases (so you can keep typing after hitting enter)
- Fixed rendering artifacts on map in pre-game phase
- Fixed layout issues when changing resolution when in-game
- People who are not in a regiment should no longer be able to join regiment rooms
And as explained above, we've brought in more soldier ranks, and implemented officer ranks
Also, we will conduct some experiments on gameplay next week especially on ballistic weapon aim% and slight adjustments to grenade stun ability and lethality. I will be regularly making slight adjustments and come in-game to see how are things affected by these adjustments.
Medals and ribbons
Ranks have just been added, ribbons and medals are right around the corner, they will essentially work like in CoC. With some additions mainly for the volunteer corps.
Also, we will extend community volunteer corps, as we will be looking for new player helpers, but also for two new types of volunteers:
Tournament organizers: we are building systems to have a whole tournament system embedded in the game, with ladders, special game mode, etc... And the organizers will be in charge of using these systems, those of you interested can contact us if you have input, and if you would like to be chosen as testers
War reporters: as such you would have two duties:
- make a weekly report of regiment games, and how regiment are progressing in respect to each other
- record, edit and commentate regiment games to make videos. You will have a special access to be able to watch regiment games
We've had a pretty nice live stream with Q&A last week on our YouTube live channel. We will try to have another one this week or the next to present the map editor. Will keep you posted on it. See you on the battlefield, soldier!