Demo is now available
We finally managed to put it up in the update today. It's accessible to anyone who has an account on www.dividedwefall.co. In your profile page you will soon find a key that you can activate on Steam (handing them out now). At the same time we have just implemented rooms limited to new players (any rank above Corporal will not be able to join, but pretty soon, new player helpers will be allowed).
New Player Helpers
About that, we are expanding our Volunteer Corps program. We are now hiring New Player Helpers, and will implement the system for it soon. At first, it will mostly be a visible status in the lobby, but soon we will add a button to call on a New Player Helper (or a moderator), and when we implement medals, ribbons and badges, there will be special commendations for those that help the new player learn the game and become good at it.
Later we will also start a program for War Reporters. Their role will be to make weekly reports about Regiment games, and they will have the ability to spectate regiment games in order to commentate "live" streams (with a delay) or edit a video together on the highlights of the game. The reason for it is that we think that regiment games are pretty awesom to watch, at the same time, we want to make sure that this cannont be abused in favor of a regiment or another.
More about these soon!
Recent Game Updates
We keep our changelogs here.
Click here to see it all
CHANGELOG v0.732 - 6th October 2016
- First version of the Demo is now in
- Added Rooms limited to new players
- Removed ability for MP's to spectate regiment games
- Fixed Regiment points calculation
- Fixed pink maps on OSX and Linux
CHANGELOG v0.73 - 26th September 2016
- Rolled out new soldier ranks
- Rolled out new officer ranks
- Added labels to maps
CHANGELOG v0.727 - 19th September 2016
- Line-of-sight and grenading from behind trees should now work as expected
- Serious attempt to fix 'invisible soldier' synchronization issue
- Fixed path finding problem on Farm Fight
- Implemented tools for our soon-to-be-appointed MPs (Moderators)
- Fixed a loading problem with Urban Combat, Art Gallery and Village Centre maps on OSX and Linux
- Fixed problem where game got stuck on 'Synchronizing Players' while loading
- Sniper mode now only visible when the sniper is selected
- Sniper now switches back to normal mode automatically if his target is killed
- Lobby now shows again when people join or leave a channel (with option to disable under 'chat options')
- Fixed a bug where soldier panels were not properly removed after each game (causing all sorts of issues)
- Chat now keeps focus during pre-game and briefing phases (so you can keep typing after hitting enter)
- Fixed rendering artifacts on map in pre-game phase
- Fixed layout issues when changing resolution when in-game
- People who are not in a regiment should no longer be able to join regiment rooms
CHANGELOG v0.726 - 15th September 2016
- Adjusted briefing time to properly acomodate both small and big games
- When a new player joins a game in progress, he is informed of the situation
- Fixed a few crashes
- Tentatively fixed invisible soldiers issue
CHANGELOG v0.725 - 15th September 2016
- Added soldier number on the UI
- Tweaked UI for better visibility
- Tweaked briefing time (longer, with a maximumof 90 secs in ranked and 120 secs in Regiment)
- Increased AFK timer
- Fixed most map issues (doors that could be walked through)
CHANGELOG v0.724 - 8th September 2016
- drastically improved sync between clients
- added tutorial to briefing for new player
- shortened briefing time when there are many players
- reduced number of sniper and machine guns
- removed "xxx joined the room" in the lobby and in-game
- added a button in the lobby to easily get a log file (for bug reporting)
- subordinates can no longer "steal" weapons from commander in certain circumstances
- limited team sizes to 15 on each size (but can still join server to spectate)
- registration bug is fixed
- broken nades in some cases is fixed
- regiment games are now restricted to appropriate regiments
- attempted to fix issue where games sometimes do not end properly
Opens and Tutorial
Right now we are focussing on improving the game to make it more welcoming to new players, and that will be mainly with a tutorial and a new gamemode which will be similar to the good old opens, but better. We expect the new gamemode to be ready in about a month, and the tutorial will come after that. The New Player Helper Volunteer Corps Program (phew) is also for there for the same reason.
We're also looking into gameplay tweaks to improve the general feel of the controls, and our target is to make it a bit more aproachable by new players but keep or hopefully improve the skilled aspect of it. For example, we want to make grenade gameplay more fun and quickly understandable by new players. At the same time I will also be tweaking our aim% and suppression system to make it more consistent, and more tactically useful.
New lobby and map editor
There are two other big things in the works coming soon, one is the map editor which is being tested and improved at the moment, there are already some artistic creations out there. And the other is a new version of the main lobby built from the ground up by @Scowen. Seriously, man, that was impressive.
Isn't is just gorgeous?
Thank you, community!
We sort of always forget to mention it, but seriously, I'd like to thank you all for making this community so incredibly welcoming, constructive and supportive. Without you, this game wouldn't be there. All our gratitude to you!